BY GORDON ROBINSON, Feedcrossing.com syndication
On the 20th anniversary of “The Dream Team,” NBA commissioner David Stern has gone on the record to state that maybe Olympic Basketball should adopt a soccer type of system where players on the roster are 23 and under of age. The idea seems to be a popular one as many NBA team owners have agreed with the concept. It is yet to be decided if FIBA (International Basketball Federation) and the other countries would be up for that model. It would be an interesting concept and it makes putting a competitive team together a little tougher, so let’s take a look at who some of the candidates would be to make a 23-Under Olympic Team.
- Derrick Rose (questionable with the knee injury) (Chicago Bulls)
- Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder)
- Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Caveliers)
- John Wall (Washington Wizards)
- Brandon Jennings (Milwaukee Bucks) (more…)