BY JORDAN WHEELER, Couchsideshow.com blogger
NBA Power Rankings (week 14) are organized with this week’s ranking, the team and last week’s ranking in parenthesis.
1. San Antonio Spurs (2) – The Spurs won their 2 games this week against the Bobcats and the Wizards. That marks 10 wins in a row for them, and a 38-11 record, which is best in the league. Tim Duncan left the game against the Wizards so hopefully that isn’t too serious.
2. Oklahoma City Thunder (1) – Oklahoma has lost 2 of their last 3 games. They lost to the Lakers and to the Cavs. They have 3 games this week and I believe they should rebound and come away with 3 wins.
3. L.A. Clippers (3) – Lob city is just 5-5 their last 10 games. They have 7 of their next 8 games on the road. They need to finish these next two weeks strong going into the All-Star break to keep a safe distance between them and Denver, Memphis, and Golden State.
1. Miami Heat (1) – The Heat are just 6-4 their last 10 games, and they have lost 2 out of their last 3. The Heat have 7 games before the All-Star break, with a big week next week. They play the Lakers, Portland, and the Thunder before heading to Houston for All-Star weekend.
2. New York Knicks (2) – The Knicks are on a bit of a role. They have won 4 games in a row and have pulled even with the Heat again. They only have 5 games before the break and only of those games is against a quality opponent.
3. Brooklyn Nets (3) – With a win against Chicago on Friday keeps Brooklyn in the number 3 spot. 4 out of their remaining 6 games before the break are against quality opponents.