NBA Power Rankings Week 14: Race to the break
BY JORDAN WHEELER, Couchsideshow.com blogger
NBA Power Rankings (week 14) are organized with this week’s ranking, the team and last week’s ranking in parenthesis.
1. San Antonio Spurs (2) – The Spurs won their 2 games this week against the Bobcats and the Wizards. That marks 10 wins in a row for them, and a 38-11 record, which is best in the league. Tim Duncan left the game against the Wizards so hopefully that isn’t too serious.
2. Oklahoma City Thunder (1) – Oklahoma has lost 2 of their last 3 games. They lost to the Lakers and to the Cavs. They have 3 games this week and I believe they should rebound and come away with 3 wins.
3. L.A. Clippers (3) – Lob city is just 5-5 their last 10 games. They have 7 of their next 8 games on the road. They need to finish these next two weeks strong going into the All-Star break to keep a safe distance between them and Denver, Memphis, and Golden State.
1. Miami Heat (1) – The Heat are just 6-4 their last 10 games, and they have lost 2 out of their last 3. The Heat have 7 games before the All-Star break, with a big week next week. They play the Lakers, Portland, and the Thunder before heading to Houston for All-Star weekend.
2. New York Knicks (2) – The Knicks are on a bit of a role. They have won 4 games in a row and have pulled even with the Heat again. They only have 5 games before the break and only of those games is against a quality opponent.
3. Brooklyn Nets (3) – With a win against Chicago on Friday keeps Brooklyn in the number 3 spot. 4 out of their remaining 6 games before the break are against quality opponents.