NBA Power Rankings Week 11: Pacers race toward the top
BY JORDAN WHEELER, Couchsideshow.com blogger
NBA Power Rankings (week 11) are organized with this week’s ranking, the team and last week’s ranking in parenthesis.
1. L.A. Clippers (2) – I have Lob City at the top spot this week because they never got their credit for winning 17 straight games before losing to Denver on Tuesday. They went undefeated in the month of December. The Clippers have arguably the best bench in the league, they have just two games this week, which I believe they should win. Prediction Clippers and Thunder in the Western Conference Finals.
2. San Antonio Spurs (3) – The Spurs had themselves a nice seven game winning streak that ended in New York on Thursday, they have two tough games this week against the Lakers and the Grizzlies.
3. Oklahoma City Thunder (1) – I moved the Thunder down to the third spot this week because of their loss to Brooklyn on Wednesday. The game was in Oklahoma, and the way Brooklyn was struggling at the time, there is no way the Thunder should have lost that game.
1. New York Knicks (1) – The Knicks stay at the top of the East at least for one more week. They have a better road record than Miami who sits just 1 game above .500, and they have won two in a row while snapping San Antonio’s 7 game winning streak.
2. Miami Heat (2) – I am definitely disappointed in the Heat. They are 7-6 on the road. I say they are simply lucky so far to be able to play a lot of games at home. If they had the Nuggets schedule no way they are sitting at 22-9.
3. Indiana Pacers (8) – Indiana moves up to the third spot. They are 7-3 which is tied for the best 10 game record. They only allow 89.8 points per games which is second in the league only to Memphis. I see this transitioning well to playoffs, and maybe their defense could be their ticket to the Eastern Conference finals.