NBA Power Rankings Week Seven: Clippers catching steam
BY JORDAN WHEELER, Couchsideshow.com blogger
NBA Power Rankings (week seven) are organized with this week’s ranking, the team and last week’s ranking in parenthesis.
1. Oklahoma City Thunder (1) – The Thunder stay atop the Rankings this week. They are rolling with 10 wins in a row. I think they have reached the confidence level that they were playing with last year. They have two tough games at Atlanta and at Minnesota this week, and then an anticipated match up against Miami on Christmas Day.
2. L.A. Clippers (4) – The Clippers had another undefeated week. They have won their last 9 games, and that is why they jump up to the 2 spot this week.
3. San Antonio Spurs (2) – San Antonio had two losses this week against two good teams in Utah and Portland. They have another tough week with a road trip through Okalahoma and Denver. They can make their push for the top spot this week!
1. New York Knicks (1) – They have proven to be the best team in the NBA so far this season. The Knicks are still undefeated at home sitting at 10-0; they have 3 games at home this week playing Houston, Brooklyn, and Chicago. That is a tough schedule we will see if they can get to 13-0 at home.
2. Miami (2) – I am a little disappointed in the Heat. I feel like they are just coasting through the regular season, and as good as they are they will be fine, they still might win the East, but I think they are underachieving so far this season. Personally I think they are good enough that they should threaten the Bulls regular season record.
3. Atlanta Hawks (3) – Atlanta went 2-2 this week with losing to the Heat and the Warriors. They have a tough week ahead of them with two back-to-backs, one ending with Oklahoma City and the other ending with Chicago.