NBA Power Rankings: Week Four
BY JORDAN WHEELER, Couchsideshow.com blogger
NBA Power Rankings (week four) are organized with this week’s ranking, the team and last week’s ranking in parenthesis.
1. Memphis Grizzlies (1) - Memphis is going to stay at the top of my power rankings this week. They are the hottest team in the league going 9-1 their last 10 games, with a loss to Denver. 4 of their starters are averaging 15 points, and Zach Randolph is averaging an amazing 5 offensive rebounds a game. That is a lot of extra possessions to get points on the board.
2. Oklahoma City Thunder (4) - The Thunder are starting to mesh better after the roster shake up at the beginning of the year. They are 8-2 in their last 10 games with a nice win against the Clippers this week.
3. San Antonio Spurs (2) - The Spurs won two tough road games this week, one at Boston and one at Indiana. The have 6 guys who are averaging around 10 points a game. They use their bench more than anybody in league that should help those old legs of their stars stay fresh.
READ MORE: For rankings 4-8 and Western Conference teams on the bubble, visit Couch Side’s NBA Power Rankings Page
1. New York Knicks (1) - The Knicks are still on top of the East. They had two road losses this week but I’m not ready to move them down. I really like how they are playing, and I believe they are the Heat’s biggest threat.
2. Miami Heat (2) - The Heat are number 2 because they have one loss against their own conference. New York and Miami each are undefeated at home, they each are 4-3 on the road, and undefeated in their own divisions. New York however is 6-0 in the East compared to 5-1 for Miami.
3. Brooklyn Nets (3) - The Nets went 2-2 this week. I am a little concerned about the Nets. Brook Lopez is their leading scorer. I believe that needs to change for them to be a contender. Joe Johnson should be that guy. They also need to become a better rebounding team.
READ MORE: For rankings 4-8 and Eastern Conference teams on the bubble, visit Couch Side’s NBA Power Rankings Page